A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"It seems this is the effect of your Citizen SBI programme..."

Pulikkal Mukundan Menon is my childhood friend. We still keep in touch with each other. He is a senior account officer in the defence establishment.

During the past few months, whenever he called me, it so happened that I was in Mumbai or Hyderabad or Gurgaon or Bhopal, busy with the Citizen SBI programme. He wondered what this programme was all about and I told him something about the programme. I remember him asking me initially whether this programme would also benefit the customers of the State Bank.

Yesterday, I received a call from him. He told me that he had deposited a cheque received from LIC in his daughter's name (who works as a Scientist with ISRO) at the Ranjhi (Jabalpur) branch. On the third day, he got a call from Mr A K Chatterjee, a senior assistant at the branch, saying that he had mentioned a wrong account number on the slip and that he wanted to confirm the account number which he had already traced on his system.

Then, Mukundan added, " It seems this is the effect of your Citizen SBI programme. The officer was very courteous in his dealing. Earlier, SBI functioned as a public sector enterprise. Now, the staff gives proper response."

No comments:

Post a Comment