A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Moments of Inner Fullness

From Bhubaneswar Circle

SHRI BISHNU CHARAN MOHAPATRA, CHANDI CHHAK BRANCH, CUTTACK:

One Mr. Saroj Kumar Das was posted to our branch as Spl.Asst. Since he is a football player of SBI, most of the staff of the branch including Branch Manager opposed his posting, but finally he joined the branch with apprehension of not knowing anything about CBS system and non-cooperation from the staff members and possible humiliation from customers. Inspite of non-cooperation of majority staff, two persons of our branch including myself counseled him not to get panicked and gave him hand holding support to learn various practical operations in CBS. Within 1-2 months he became proficient working in CBS. Now all his fear psychosis has gone .He has become stronger in conviction and popular in customer service. The staff members, customers including Branch Manager who were critical about him have started praising him. Mr.Das is never forgetting to express his gratitude to us which is generating satisfaction and joy within us.

SHRI B.K.PATI, R.B.O. CUTTACK:

When I was Manager PBD of Jagatsingpur ADB, one day a widow lady along with herdaughter approached me for opening one S.B. a/c which was necessary for receiving her husband’s retirement benefits. While requesting me she started crying as she was being harassed for last 2 months by a number of banks, due to insufficient KYCdocuments. They have produced their ration card, death certificate and legal heircertificates by which I was satisfied, and opened the a/c on the ground of acceptable to Branch Manager. The lady has busted with tears and was about to touch my feet. She kept all the deposits with the branch and drawn pension from us. The moment was unforgettable even after several years have passed.

SHRI CHANDRABHANU SATPATHY,RUCAMPUS, CUTTACK:

On the day of my taking over as Field Officer of Kutra Branch which was in mining belt, my predecessor had hinted me not to finance in a particular village, because that was thickly populated by Muslims and most of the households were defaulters to the Bank. People were calling it as a mini PAKISTAN. But from my very day of joining; I made a plan to visit the particular village every month and did so. On my visit to that village I conducted meetings with the help of some influential persons of that village and able to give them my desired message of mutual help and subsequently managed to finance 12 SRTO loans to the tune of Rs1.92 Crore as there was potentiality due to mining activities. Later on, I have made the new SRTO borrowers as the ambassador of my branch and could able to recover Rs5.22 lacs in write off accounts and brought back the defaulting borrowers to our Bank’s fold again. That was a moment of satisfaction to rejoice upon.

SHRI BIPIN BIHARI PARIDA,PITHAPUR BRANCH, CUTTACK:

Twenty five years back when I have joined a rural branch in Cuttack District, that area was cut off from the rest of the world being surrounded by two rivers. The only means of communication was boat. During the rainy season, the condition was unthinkable due to frequent floods and sufferings of the people. Since my joining that branch, started awareness among the villagers of the area by conducting evening meetings. Gradually, it has taken the shape of a movement and I was made the convener of the Luna River Bridge Construction Committee. In this connection, we met political leaders, Bureaucrats, Journalists, influential persons of the locality including the constitutional heads at times. We adopted a new method by sending
25000 post card messages to appropriate authorities by the school children for constructing bridge. The strength of the movement was so strong due to the will-power of the people due to my initiative, finally the bridge was constructed and on the year of completion I was transferred to Cuttack. There is no death due to lack of communication and no more boat accident during rainy season. It gives me immense
satisfaction and inspiration when I think of it.

Courtesy: Shri B K Dash, AGM and IL-1

No comments:

Post a Comment