A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, November 20, 2009

Great Initiative

Bisht, this blog is indeed a "cool" initiative of yours. Thank you for inviting me to join as a contributor.
The Citizen programme is indeed an unique initiative and I am not surprised at all the superlative comments given by the readers of this blog. However, it may be a great idea if people wrote in to say how the programme has made them do something, anything, differently. You know, the other day someone wrote an email to the Chairman (citizen.chairman@sbi.co.in) saying that he was so moved by the programme that he gifted the snacks packet he had been given at the end of the day to the rickshaw-puller who took him home. A very small gesture, but all of us who read the mail felt good.
In fact I have noticed that after getting familiar with the Programme contents (I reported only about 2 months ago), I 'manage' my temper better. My driver has the habit of keeping me waiting and although I am trying to discipline him, I have stopped being unpleasant (at least that's my assessment!!) while doing so.

- Y. Sinha, GM (CCC), Corporate Centre, Mumbai

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much,Sir. We feel honoured. These two stories are really touching ones. It will really be nice if people write in to say how the programme has made them do something, anything, differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have incorporated the folowing in the blog masthead:
    "It would be great if you could write in to say how the program has made you do something, anything, differently."

    ReplyDelete
  3. At SBLC Pune centre we have started an Ïmpact Register".The idea is to contact the BMs of the participants and know whether they have noticed any change, even slightest, in those who have attended the program.More than most of the times the response is very heartening.Now,with a view to get some concrete feedback from BMs ,we have started insisting with the participants to share their work related goals stated in" My Contribution Vision" with their BM back home.This will enable us to gauge the impact of the program objectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have changed myself a lot in my behaviour with my family members during these 3 months and also give inputs to my wife and children at frequent intervals when they confront with difficult situations or harsh words spoken by others. I keep sharing the experiences with my wife and my son(though he is very young) to prepare him to be a better Citizen!!!

    ReplyDelete