A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A NEW EXPERIENCE OF CHANGE

I am a very old customer having 20 years of connection with SBI. I have availed a cash credit of Rs24.00 lacs for hardware trading and a Housing Loan of Rs9.00 lacs. During last 20years we have seen the Bank very closely and have bitter, sour and sweet experiences.

We remember, during our initial days, we used to pursue the field officer and other concerned higher officials to get our work done. Then a period came, when we have witnessed, the branch manager and Field officers coming to the unit and requesting the good entrepreneurs like ours for enhancement of their limit. But during last 4/5 years, we have seen there is more and more customer centric attitude of bank’s loan officials as well as general staff. Most of the staff members are now trying to help us at their level. Whenever we come with huge cash, the guard and messenger help us to deliver the cash to cash officer for counting by extra staff instead of keeping us in the queue. By this our money is safe and our time is saved. Such types of helps are coming forth more and more from the staff members during last 3/4 months.

It is worthwhile to mention one incident where I have seen the concern of the officers and staff for my case. Three months back, I required an overdraft of Rs 5.00lacs urgently to meet the margin money to participate in a high value tender of Rs3.00crores.I was desperate, thinking how to arrange money within one day. So I have told Sri Suresh Biswal, Spl.Asst, Field Officer and Chief Manager. Listening my problem, all of them started to help me at their level like filling up of application form, arrangement and consolidation of documents. Finally the chief manager personally went to processing cell and got my proposal sanctioned on the same day to enable me to participate in tender. I really felt happy to to see the team effort of the branch staff to help me. This type of team help was not there earlier in the branch and visible during 3-4 months in the branch. Really the branch is undergoing some change.

- SRI GOBINDA SHAW, CUSTOMER, CUTTACK CITY BRANCH
   MOBILE No. 9437275354

Contributed by P C Nayak, Facilitator, Bhubaneswar Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment