A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cascading Effect Of Goodness

During the year 2000, I was working at Chirala Branch at the cash receipt counter.

A student, along with his friend, came to the cash counter for remitting fees for admission to BITS, Pilani .When I inquired about the other student, he said that even though he was a meritorious student but due to his poor financial condition, he was not in a position to pay the fees for admission to BITS Pilani,I further came to know that his father was a poor illiterate farmer.

I was deeply moved by his plight as his poverty deterred him from pursuing higher studies. I wanted to do something for the boy. I approached the PBD Manager and the Branch Manager and convinced them to do something for the boy to carry on his studies. The Branch Manager after perusing the marksheet sanctioned an Education loan within a short period. The boy completed his studies (M.S.) and was employed by a reputed Company.

When he settled in life, he formed a group with his friends and raised funds for poor students to help them pursue their careers. Now whenever he visits his native village, he contacts me. This gives me lot of happiness.

I am extremely proud to be an employee of SBI because the Bank has given me this opportunity to be of some help to the poor student and through him, many deserving students.

Smt. A. Chendhu Laksmi
Senior Assistant,

Suryarapet Branch ,Vijaywada

Courtesy: STATE BANK TIMES / CITIZEN SBI

No comments:

Post a Comment