A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Opportunity To Serve The Society

While interacting with one of the youngest participants during the last Citizen SBI Programme at SBLC, Guwahati on 19.02.2010, she told, "this programme helped to realise the unexploited inherent potential in me. I could also make a SWOT analysis of myself and resolved to work on my weaknesses.The programme will definitely bring in an attitudinal change in me to serve others better."

She is a post graduate in Geology and has joined our Bank as Probationary Officer leaving a well paid job at ONGC. I was surprised with the answer she gave when I asked her as to why she left ONGC where she could have continued working in her area of interest. "Sir, my father and all other relatives are in ONGC and I have been seeing them all these years. There is not much of recognition and opportunity to serve the society. In SBI, I get a social status and recognition. I can also serve the society".

Ms. Nawab Shehnaz Famin Haque
Probationary Officer
SBI Dibrugarh

No comments:

Post a Comment