A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Highly Generous Act!

I had the privilege of attending SBI CITIZEN programme recently, and I want to share with you an incident which gave me immense joy.

A few days back when I had returned freshly from SBI CITIZEN programme, one of our customers came on a Saturday afternoon with much anxiety on his face and requested me to spare a few minutes, as it was already 3.30 pm. He sadly gave me the information that his medical reports just revealed that he had cancer in his nasal canal. He requested me to help him to get a Crop Loan on his 3 acres land holdings.

I also felt very bad to learn about his agonizing situation. It would be much difficult for a patient to get all the required papers for the loan immediately. Also, the season for the Crop Loans was already over. Instead of saying him ‘NO’ to his earnest request, I just thought for a while, and offered to lend him Rs 1 lac from my own funds, which I saved for construction of a house, which has already commenced. As soon as I offered this amount, free of interest and without any other pecuniary obligations, I have seen tears of joy rolling down from his eyes.

He preferred to take the treatment at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He recently underwent a surgery. I had gone all the way to Mumbai and called on him on the 13th Dec, 2009. This has given him further mental boosting that he was not alone in this world.

He proudly introduced me to his relatives as a man from STATE BANK.

Thanks to Citizen SBI programme, which gave me this inspiration to spontaneously help people in distress.

- C S Rama Rao
Courtesy: STATE BANK TIMES / CITIZEN SBI

2 comments: