A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, March 8, 2010

A Banker In Need Is A Banker Indeed

MOMENT SHARED BY MR DILIP INGLE, STATE BANK OF INDORE,
BURHANPUR BRANCH DURING CITIZENSHIP ORIENTATION
PROGRAMME AT SBLC, INDORE ON MARCH 05, 2010

Two-three persons came to our branch on a Saturday after working hours, when I had already closed my cash drawer after transferring the balance to Accountant, (I was working as Head Cashier at a branch). They requested for depositing some amount to their brother’s account who was studying at Indore. When I told them that the bank has already closed, they pleaded to accept the amount as the boy needed money urgently to pay his fee at Indore to secure his admission. I could read the innocence in their face and realize the urgency of their request. Then I went to our accountant and told him about this, and requested him to transfer back the balance to me to enable me to accept the receipt. The Accountant refused the request as he was already late and required to go to his home (weekly only) which was far away from the branch.

I told him to imagine a situation when our server fails or connectivity is not there. Then how do we close our cash and do the EOD? Definitely we will wait or go to some nearby branch to complete the work. I told him to imagine that happened today. Then he agreed and transferred the balance to me and I accepted the cash for credit to their brother’s account. The customers were very much happy and requested me to have tea with them. Whenever they come to the branch they invariably contact me. I got immense pleasure and inner fullness on this moment.

Contributed by SABU PARAKULATHU SIMON, SBLC, INDORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment