A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

From a single buffalo to a big diary unit

MOMENT SHARED BY SHRI VIJAY JAIN, SB INDORE, KANTHALU (UJJAIN) BRANCH, DURING CITIZENSHIP ORIENTATION PROGRAMME AT SBLC INDORE.

“During my rural posting, I used to visit villages regularly. One day I visited a farmer’s house in a village. During conversation he told me that his son is simply sitting at the home without any job or business after completion of his education. He requested me to provide his son some job in the Bank or in any other institution. When I talked with that boy, I could assess his capability in doing some business. I suggested him to start dairy business and promised to finance one buffalo. The advice was accepted by the boy. Starting with one buffalo, I have financed four buffalos during my tenure. At present, he is owner of a very big dairy unit. He is very much grateful to me and to State Bank for his success. My relationship with that family and boy is still continuing and they invite me for any special occasion at his home. This has provided me a lot of inner fullness.”

Contributed by SABU P SIMON, SBLC, INDORE

No comments:

Post a Comment