A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A small contribution helped him become a Doctor

MOMENT SHARED BY MR SHIV SHANKAR GUPTA, STATE BANK OF INDORE, KHARGONE MAIN BRANCH

During the Citizenship Orientation Programme at SBLC, Indore on 05.03.2010, Mr Shiv Shankar Gupta shared this citizen moment in the class:

Some 18 years back when I was sitting outside the branch at lunch time, I found a boy aged about 15-16 years, crying in front of his father outside our branch.

When I enquired, he told me that he is from a very poor family and he needs some money for depositing his fee for Higher Secondary examination. Without a second thought, I helped him and provided Rs. 450/- towards his fee. I didn’t ask anything about his house or address.

After 10 years, a young gentleman came to me and asked whether I recognized him. I said, "No, I am sorry." 

Then he told me that he is a doctor and he could become a doctor due to my timely support for his exam fee some 10 years back. He tried to return that money to me. But I told him to keep that money with him and requested him to make free treatment to those who are not capable to pay consultation fee to him, which he agreed. This moment gives me immense pleasure and inner fullness.

Contributed by SABU PARAKULATHU SIMON, SBLC, INDORE

No comments:

Post a Comment