A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, March 15, 2010

THE REAL FULFILLMENT

Shri Mahesh Sharma, State Bank of Indore, Neemuch narrated this moment which gave him real fulfillment

I was posted as Branch Manager at a tribal centre in Rajasthan named BANSWARA. Iwas given task to open a new branch at the centre. Initially, I had to meet various Govt. officials, business organisations, social organisations for opening acounts with my Bank. As people of that centre were not knowing State Bank of Indore, I had to explain them that this Bank is like SBBJ.

During business canvassing, I came in contact with a social organisation named "SEWA BHARTI” which was engaged in upliftment of schedule casts especially Harijan community and fighting against feeling of untouchability prevailing in the society. Some influential persons of society were office bearers in the organisation. They requested me to contribute for this noble cause. I chalked out a plan and contacted my trader customers who were engaged in stationery / furniture / uniforms business and convinced them to donate the required items to this organisation.

We have started a "BAAL WADI", a two hours evening school in Harijan Mohalla and requested all families residing in the area to send their children for studies to that school. We met the head of Dist. Panchayat to allow us to use a community hall of that area for this purpose. He gave permission and his good wishes.

After 6 months of successful operation of the “Baal Wadi”, we organised a cultural programme at the centre where the head of Jila Panchayat was invited as chief guest. The people from that mohalla and from other areas also marked their presence in large number.

This function was given due publicity by local news papers with the Bank’s involvement in social upliftment. After few days the Head of Jila Panchayat called up and appreciated the work. He gave a handsome deposit to our branch and also asked his friends in other departments to help my bank in deposit mobilization.

Due to this good business growth the Banswara branch was awarded with best "Semi Urban branch of Bank in 1998." I also got promotion to MM-III in 1999 in which this Best Branch Award was a major contributing factor.

After few months, I again chalked out a programme which was a real test of our work. I suggested the members of Sewa Bharti organization that the parents of the children studying in the Bal Wadi may be invited at our homes for meals to spread the message of equality. Many of them including my wife resisted the idea but on my insistence everybody agreed to the plan.

We invited 11 couples at our home and provided them lunch with honour. This news spread in the town and we received appreciation from all corners of the society. I become a well known figure in the society. The other social organisations of the town also invited me in all their functions. This programme gave me huge satisfaction, self confidence which can not be calculated in form of money.

I got all sorts of fruits i.e. outer fruits, inner fruits and joy of contribution due to my positive contribution towards the society. This has enhanced happiness and total fulfillment in my life.

Contributed by Arun Kumar Kalway, SBLC, Indore

No comments:

Post a Comment