A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saving a life

CITIZENSHIP MOMENT SHARED BY MR DAYASHANKAR SUSNERIYA, STATE BANK OF INDORE, DHAR BRANCH


I along with my friends went to Shirdi for Sai Darshan. While returning we thought of taking bath (snan) in the Narmada at Khalghat.

While taking holy dip in the Narmada, I saw that one young boy (who had travelled with us) was drowning in the river. Immediately I rushed and reached near him. Then I told him not to catch me, otherwise both of us may drown. Then I caught him by his hair and swam against the current and brought him to the shore which was several metres away.

My friends helped to take out the water from his belly and finally we could save him. I got lot of happiness and inner fullness for making this positive contribution in saving a life.

Contributed by SABU PARAKULATHU SIMON, SBLC, INDORE

No comments:

Post a Comment