A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, January 11, 2010

Close Encounters With Life

Here are two stories of inner fullness shared today in the class by participants of citizenship orientation programme for GMs /DGMs at State Bank Academy, Gurgaon:

You have changed my life
I as was posted as Chief Manager, Siliguri branch a long time back. It was a difficult branch spread over 4-5 floors. One of the Assistants used to come late every day and none of the four Divisional Managers were ready to accept him in their divisions as his hands trembled and he could not handle any work. He was into drugs and one day his parents came to the branch and asked for my help.
We got him admitted into a rehabilitation centre and followed up the treatment. I asked him to do passbook updation work in those manual days and kept a close watch over him. I counselled him regularly and encouraged him....
Some years back later, I went to Naya Bazar branch for its opening. One of the employees came up to me and touched my feet. He said - Sir, I am here today due to you. You have changed my life. My son is now doing his MBA from a good business school. All due to you, sir.
I did a lot of things at the branch but feel good whenever I remember my contribution to the family of that employee.
Shared by Subrata Sarkar, SVP, SBI CAPS, Kolkata

You have given a new life
I was Chief Manager(GB) at Dehradun and was going to our IMA branch. I heard a loud sound and found that our car doors could not be opened. One sardar ji helped us open the door. On the road, we found three young men bleeding and unconscious. I tried to stop the vehicles passing by but none of them stopped. Then, we pushed our car to the middle of the road and blocked the road.
Some vehicles then stopped for help. We took the boys to the military hospital. They refused to take them in. I requested them to provide them first aid and wait till we made some arrangements. I then went to the Principal of the Doon School where the boys were studying and came back with some students in case blood was needed.
The treatment went on for some time. It was a big news in the local papers that a bank official had saved the lives of three young boys.
Whenever I visited the hospital, the parents told me that you have given a new life to the boys. I was invited to the Doon School and asked to address the students.
We still keep in touch.
Shared by O P Khanduja, DGM(Vigilance), LHO, Chandigarh

No comments:

Post a Comment