A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Joy Of Flying First Time

A Unique ThanksGiving Gesture



Three Citizenship Orientation Programmes for GMs / DGMs have been conducted last week at State Bank Academy, Gurgaon and State Bank Staff College, Hyderabad. This moment was shared in the just concluded programme at the Academy.



There is a boy named Venkatappa working at the staff cooperative store at the Local Head Office, Bangalore. He is very helpful to all staff and tirelessly runs errands for them even on holidays without expecting anything in return.



When I got promoted as DGM, along with thanking my family and friends, a thought occurred to my mind that I should also thank Venkatappa. Quietly I booked an air ticket for him from Bangalore to Goa and then told him to be ready to fly on the next sunday. He was absolutely thrilled.



He was dressed to his best that morning and glee was clearly visible on his face when he boarded the aircraft. I took him to the temple of my family deity in Ponda and then drove him to my sister's place at Karwar. I saw to it that he thoroughly enjoyed his trip.



Making him and seeing him happy, I experienced immense joy. Even today when I look back, I feel good.....



Shared by GIRIDHAR KINI, DGM
Mumbai Main branch

giridhara.kini@sbi.co.in

1 comment:

  1. Dear Giridhar Sir, I know that you are a wonderful human being. I still remember those moments when I had met you in Bangalore [ Governer's Branch]. You treat even a common man with great respect. Hats off to you sir

    Vivekananda Paniyala
    Advocate

    ReplyDelete