A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, January 18, 2010

AN INTERESTING EXPERIENCE WITH GIFT HAMPER

The day I reached home with my Gift hamper, my nine years old son was keen to know what was in the gift hamper. We brought out all the items of hamper one by one, he liked the “Tree of Fulfillment” the most. As he wanted to know more about it so I told him briefly about External fruits, Inner fruits and Joy of contribution. Then I started doing some other works. After sometime, I asked my son to study as his Exams. were approaching. He was reluctant to do so because he was more interested in watching his favourite Cartoon show. This lead a little bit of arguments between us, however, I didn’t want to force him to study but wished that he should study on his own.



Suddenly an idea came to me, I told him to make “Tree of Fulfillment” for studying and watching Cartoon show and to see which one of the two activities is giving more fruits. He liked this idea and started on it. After struggling for quite sometime he came to me and said that O.K. Mom, I will study first but you please allow me to watch this cartoon programme sometimes later on.



I was happy that he was able to arrive at the right decision with the aid of “Tree of Fulfillment”. He was also happy as he was studying out of his interest and this decision was his own. Infact, I feel that the “Tree of Fulfillment” is a valuable tool and can be used by all of us in arriving at right decision when faced with dilemma.

Purnima Bhargava
Facilitator, SBLC, Ajmer

1 comment:

  1. very true madam purnima. My son was too thrilled to know the contents of the hamper and keeps reading the match box books too. Whenever, I prepare for some Citizen SBI programme or watch the presentation in computer at home, he will stand beside me and identify things very easily. The moment the vox populi film starts, he will say "Tree of Fulfilment". We can develop our kids right from this tender age to differentiate between good and bad and choose the correct path. I salute the young Citizen at your home!!!

    ReplyDelete