A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, January 8, 2010

TRUE STORY WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION FROM BANK

This is the Moments of Inner Fullness shared by one of the participants in Citizen SBI programme held at SBLC, Guwahati.

I was promoted as Cash Officer from LHO in the year 1988. Thereafter, I have reported to Songsak Branch, a branch in a hilly terrain. After few months, I had availed leave and reported back for duty at 4.30 p.m. I saw my Branch Manager was seriously ill and could not talk/walk properly. There was no medical facility, telephone or proper transport. Considering the sittuation, I immediately opted to move to William Nagar. But, no verhicle was there. We had no alternative too at that time. At night, I managed a scooter under reequest to go to Willigm Nagar. Next morning, I left for William Nagar and reported to the Branch Manager there. I explained the situation prevailing at our branch and requested to provide an Officer for our Branch. But, the Branch Manager did not accede and advised me to contact Tura branch which is 40 kms from William Nagar. Through unknown road, I left for Tura. On the way, I met with an accident as the scooter skid from the road and got injured in my legs and hands.

In the injured condition, I went to Tura branch and met the Branch Manager thereat. I explained to him about the purpose of my visit and my injuries due to the accident. The branch manager called a clerical staff and advised him to take me to a nearby pharmacy. At the same time, the Branch Manager informed that there is no staff to spare and none will volunteer to go to Songsak which is about 85/90 kms away. Further, he advised me to take charge at the Branch in such a situation. After getting myself treated for my injuries I proceeded back to my branch.

Next day when I reached the branch, I found that the Branch Manager had arranged a vehcile for him to move out and was waiting for me. Within 1 hour, the BM left the station giving branch charge to me. As the area was prone for malarial deaths, had I not taken charge of the Branch in time and allowed the Branch Manager to go, it could have been a serious matter.

This gives me a great satisfaction and comfort that I could help someone at the right time which saved his life.

S.N. Mallick
Deputy Manager
Goalpara Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment