A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, January 18, 2010

WHEN I CONTRIBUTE TO SAVE A LIFE....

Another Citizen Moment From Jaipur

One day I went to the hospital for some work. When I was coming out from the hospital I saw 2-3 employees of our Bank, moving from one place to another in tension. I asked them what had happened? Why were they so worried? They told me that one of the staff member met with an accident and suffered serious head injury. I further asked who was that person and where he was now? They told me about the person and said that they had taken him to the Neurology Department but nobody was taking care of him. When I came to know about the person, I thought for a while as he was the same person who was always creating problems for me in the Bank but head injury is a serious matter, considering the seriousness of the situation I rushed to the Neurology Department, where i saw that the person was lying on the floor between two beds and nobody was with him. Immediately I decided to fulfil my duties as a Doctor. I went to the Doctor on duty, introduced myself and requested him to help him as he was quite serious. The Doctor attended him and recommended for C.T. scan, which was done immediately and his treatment started. Meanwhile his family members came , when the situation was in control, I came back to my home without telling anything to anybody.

After 2-3 months, when I had forgotten the incident, the same person came to my home with his family members. He was grateful for the my timely help. He thanked me a lot. His family members were also feeling very obliged. I said that I did nothing beyond my duty. However I felt that when we do something for someone, especially for the person who was not good for us, we, ourselves get a lot of satisfaction and true feeling of happiness.

DR. UMA KALIA
AO, JAIPUR

We thank Purnima Bhargava for sending us these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment