A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pure Citizenship, Nothing Else

All the faculty of State Bank Learning Centre, Indore were enjoying a picnic with their families at Nakhrali Dhani on sunday evening.

At about 7.30 p.m. I called my son working at Gurgaon to ask him how he spent his day. I was not prepared for the reply I got from the other end.

He said - Papa, I have met with an accident. I was travelling with my friend on a bike from Gurgaon to Delhi. Somewhere near Dhaula Kuan, there was a big hole on the road and, as I slowed down a bit, a speeding vehicle from behind hit us hard. We were thrown away and lost our consciousness. A traffic constable called for an ambulance and we are now at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences waiting our turn to be attended in a long queue. My right shoulder has apparently been damaged and friend's face bruised.

Two youngsters stranded all alone. I could sense the pain, shock and trauma they were undergoing. The last flight from Indore had left for Delhi. My heart missed a beat...

I called two of my friends there - Mr Jagdish Chandra Joshi, Chief Manager, AIIMS branch and Mr Amar Pal Singh, AGM(Faculty) at State Bank Academy, Gurgaon.

They rushed to the hospital immediately and used their good offices to get them attended. CT scan and X-ray showed no major damage or fracture. The right shoulder ligaments of my son were torn giving way to the collar bone and the shoulder joint there while his friend had bruises on the face. A plaster of crepe bandage was put around his shoulder.

It was almost midnight by then. My friends kept me updated and assured that the children would get the best attention. I need not rush to Delhi the next day and they would take a second opinion next morning from Dr Kamran Farookh.

Meanwhile, my son's friends reached from Gurgaon and took him back after midnight. The other injured friend's uncle had also arrived.

Next morning, the senior doctor examined my son and confirmed the treatment given by the resident doctors on the previous evening and opined that there was no need to go in for surgery.

The two children are now fine by God's grace. Joshi uncle and AP uncle were there with them during the crucial moments to take care just as their parents would have.

Pure Citizenship, Nothing Else.....

Jagat Singh Bisht
SBLC, Indore

coolbisht@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. true sir. when you think good for others, GOD automatically does good to you through good samaritans!!!! once again it is an example depicting the power of Citizen SBI!!!!!

    ReplyDelete