A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Thursday, January 7, 2010

MOMENTS OF INNER FULLNESS

This is the moments of inner fullness shared by one participant during Citizen SBI Programme at SBLC , Guwahati on 04.01.2010.

One beautiful saturday, after finishing my Bank's duty at 2.00 p.m., I started my journey to Guwahati from Nagaon with my brother in our car at around 3.00 p.m. I was in a hurry as I have to participate in a shooting programme of T.V. serial sharp at 6.00 p.m. When we reached Silchong, about 40 kms away from Nagaon, saw a gathering of people with anxiety and excitement in their faces. We stopped our car near the gathering and enquired about the facts. We came to know that just 15 minutes before an accident took place and one young boy was severly injured in that accident. People were trying to give information to nearby police thana, that is Mullic and also send the injured youth to a nearby hospital for immediate treatment. As not a single was stopping despite their attempts, people were helpless.

After hearing everything from the local people, I took up the youth bathed with blood in to my car with the help of one local person and rushed to the hospital. On the way, we entered into the Police Thana and informed the police about the incident. Police advised us to take the patient to Jagiroad Peper Mill Hospital and they will be following us after visiting the accident spot. We did accordingly and patient was admitted at Jagiroad Paper Mill Hospital. During the process, we informed the parents of the pateint and told them not to worry. After some time, doctor came and checked the patient thoroughly and told us not to worry. I again rang up the parents and told them about the development. Time was already 8.15 p.m. I had to reach my shooting spot by 6 p.m. Already 2 hours late. I told my problems to the doctor who permitted me to leave patient at the hospital without any tension. Finally, I left the hospital at 8.30 p.m.

I reached Guwahati at around 10.00 p.m and started shooting. At around 1.30 a .m. a telephone call was received in my mobile. It was the parent of the injured youth calling me to thank. You have done a great job. Becuase of you only, we got our son back alive. He is shifted to Guwahati Medical College hospital and now out of danger. "Thank you very much Mr. Borah, Thank you very much."

I went to bed at 5.00 a.m. after completing that night's schedule. My heart, my mind was full of self satisfaction. "SBI people are always helpful", a comment from the crowd at Silchong always inspires me to do further good things for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment