A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, December 11, 2009

BORN CITIZENS


CITIZEN SBI
SIR, I TEND TO THINK MOST CITIZENS ARE "BORN CITIZENS". THERE IS THIS MUCH AND NO MORE THAT ONE CAN DO TO CITIZEN-ISE ONE'S SELF. ALL THE INSPIRING INCIDENTS ARE REALLY GOOD TO READ AND ASSIMILATE BUT HOW MANY OF US EVENTUALLY PUT THIS INTO DAY TO DAY PRACTICE IS WHAT MATTERS. YOU SIR, FEATURE VERY PROMINENTLY AMONGST A FEW( YES SADLY A FEW ONLY !) CITIZENS I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW DURING MY SBI JOURNEY SO FAR. THE WHOLE OF 1993 JAN 17TH (WHEN MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER) TILL 29TH DEC 1993 (WHEN SHE DIED) I WAS ON LEAVE FOR A GOOD SIX MONTHS AT LEAST. IF I NEVER FELT ANY PRESSURE OFFICIALLY, IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOUR MAGNANIMITY(Sir now when I say this I really mean it since I am neither a Sycophant nor am I drunk at present !). I WAS ABLE TO BE WITH HER, MIND AND BODY, WHICH IS THE LEAST A SON SHOULD DO FOR HIS MOTHER.I HOPE HAVE ALSO TRIED TO DO MAXIMUM JUSTICE TO THE TASKS ENTRUSTED TO ME. UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME (OR IS IT THE PERPETUAL PESSIMIST IN ME "SULKING") COP WAS NOT EXACTLY SOMETHING WHICH MADE MY "HAIR STAND ON END". IF CHANCE PERMITS, MAYBE I WILL COME OVER TO ATTEND ONE OF YOUR SESSIONS. SORRY FOR BEING THE PESSIMIST THAT I AM !!!

MURALI KRISHNAN MUKUNDAN, KERALA CIRCLE

From: Murali Krishnan Mukundan (murlisbi@yahoo.com)
Sent: 11 December 2009 00:29AM
To: CoolBisht (coolbisht@hotmail.com)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thank you Murali for the kind words. I also remember you as a true citizen and an angry and restless young man - angry and restless with the System. I am not sure whether I could do anything for you at that time but I clearly remember that when it was time for you to leave remote Waidhan for distant Kerala to see your ailing Mother, the Branch Inspector arrived at our branch. Instead of leaving for the railway station which was about 25 kms away, you put your suitcase down at the branch and started taking jotting in the inspection sets. I was asking you to leave as it was time for the train but you kept on insisting that you would contribute your bit and only then leave the place. I still remember the feeling of guilt and remorse you had in your heart and eyes when you had to leave us at the crucial juncture. Your contribution in arranging the State Bank Cricket Utsav (see, we had already conceived the T-20 notion then!), World Environment day march (attended by all Citizens of Waidhan, remember the policemen surrounding the SP and the SP insisting on walking with us!) and SBI Anand Mela is simply unforgettable! Because of your support, we could form Lions Club of Waidhan to bring all the local Industrialists, Traders, Doctors and Bankers together on a social platform. Thereafter our profits grew three-fold and inspection rating went two notches up. And, so on and so forth... People were scared to go there but we enjoyed our stay there and that's why all of them still remember us and keep in touch. You have made me nostalgic about the good old Waidhan days! I wish you all the best in all your endeavours! Love to the young Citizen at home! Bye bye. Take care. You are precious!

Jagat Singh Bisht, Indore

3 comments:

  1. Dear Bisht,

    This is another validation of citizenship being alive and kicking in the Bank. It is touching that someone remembers so vividly after so many years and has found the most appropriate forum to express his feelings so that more of us could know about your truly great Citizen moment.

    Vasudha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bisht Saheb,

    One more example of a natural citizen. i am proud to be associated with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mr Natarajan. I am equally delighted to be associated with you. Regards.

    ReplyDelete