A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I am today able to identify the total compensation I worked for unknowingly

“ Compensation “ , what do we understand by compensation ?, what are the various kinds of compensations an individual gets on his / her performance ?, what do we get with a particular kind of approach towards the work one performs ? such several questions were never thought about me when I performed my job .

I as a Bank employee worked for the organization with my whole hearted approach , sincerity and dedication in the task I performed and was always fully satisfied with what I did , how I did , and the resultant achieved always brought in the satisfaction , happiness , built up the inner strength in me which we so term as inner fruits now after our orientation programme of Citizenship .

Compensation the terminology now understood and that too with its threes types and Citizen SBI looking forward to total compensation , looking forward to all three kinds of compensations for the total fulfillment of life , I can clearly , very well relate to experience I had 13 years back in my work life .

I joined my place of posting SBI Chandimandir Branch , a so called rural branch , but very near my place of residence chandigarh and where I could commute daily from my residence. Branch Manager knew me before my posting to his branch , he was aware of my attitude towards work , my approach to the work . He was quite desperate to get me posted to his branch and did try for my early posting to his branch from zonal office. I had worked with BM earlier for 6 months in some other branch and was very friendly with him when it came to working for the benefit of the organization, both of us were committed towards our goals which need to be achieved.

Working in the branch for quite some time the day came when branch was under inspection , Branch had never been rated Efficiently run branch for quite long time , when we started our work during the inspection days in the back of our mind , me and BM , we were always thinking can we get efficiently run for the branch , is it possible. Well attending to auditors , working late hours in branch and making all the colleagues work in team , extending helping hand to all the staff members who really required, coming on off days , holidays to finish the balancing work resulted in audit over and on the day the audit report had to be handed over to Branch Manager , auditor had called for meeting of all the staff members , briefed about his observations during his stay in the branch , commented about the excellent team spirit and the attitude towards work of all the employees of the branch . When the score branch got and the rating was announced , to my utmost surprise the branch got efficiently run , I was so happy .

After the meeting all the staff members congratulated me for having contributed towards it , enabling the branch and the branch staff to function in the desired manner , motivating them , being there with them to support them when required . I was so happy that while accepting their congratulations I started crying , tears started rolling down my cheek from nowhere. That was the day when I experienced tears of joy , the tears of fulfillment .

Now I can relate after my orientation towards Citizen Ideal , that it was the Citizen behaviour and I was working towards Total compensation , Transactional compensation I got as my salary and allowances, Contribution compensation I got when I enabled all the staff members to work in team , extended desired support to them , enabled branch to get the highest level of inspection rating and Fulfillment compensation I got having done a job which brought in satisfaction , happiness , contentment and built in faith in my inner capabilities which turned me into a very confident person capable of accomplishing desired goals.

I am today able to identify the total compensation I worked for unknowingly.


Rajni Bala , Facilitator , SBLC , Guwahati .

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing your true feelings madam and really the programme enables one to discover more and more in our lives also rediscover many times. keep contributing.

    ReplyDelete