A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, December 12, 2009

VIRTUOUS CYCLE OF POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION

I wish to share my experience

VIRTUOUS CYCLE OF POSITIVE CONTRIBUTUION

One day during my initial days of facilitation , one of the participants present in the programme was the one with whom I had worked in two branches for brief period of 2 months and 4 months , who had seen me working in my work atmosphere , who had seen my attitude towards work , who had seen my approach to the work , who was aware how I speak to my colleagues , my customers , and the positive energy that I bring along with my operations in the work atmosphere , who would have silently appreciated my so called approach . I would be always making so much of noise in the work life , motivating my colleagues , building in the team spirit , keep on nagging them , do this work , we should be doing this , running around , being friendly with all the colleagues and always invariably operating from the being aspect day in and day out.

When this participant was told to think of some citizen story ( initial programme ) , she shared with me during tea time , madam when I had to think of some one and discuss with the group I felt like discussing , narrating about you , your approach in the work life , I could not think of anything better than this . Listening to what she said I felt so happy , it brought in me the inner strength that what I was doing was really appreciated even silently which an individual can relate even after 2 years or 5 years , the experience the individual had working with me . It brought in the faith in my own capacities to make a difference in the world around and resulted in strengthening me further to carry on the good work . Appreciation of your work really motivates you and what we say the virtuous cycle of positive contribution brings in more of outer fruits and inner fruits along with the joy of doing good work is a live example in my life scenario which I think will always remind me to continue it further.

Rajni Bala
Facilitator
SBLC, Guwahati.

No comments:

Post a Comment