A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, December 14, 2009

An Egyptian Sphinx Story

During one of the programmes at Bhubaneswar a participant narrated an Egyptian Sphinx story which I think worth sharing with you all.

In Egyptian culture, the sphinx is considered as gateway to heaven. The sphinx asks two questions at the door step:

1. Did you get any joy from life?
2. Did you give any joy to others?

If your answer to either is negative then you are denied access to heaven.

This is quite relevant to our idea of innerfullness, positive contribution and enlightened citizenship.



B.K.Dash
Bhubaneswar

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet, very effective--- something I can remember always and repeat to myself, reminding me that I should seek joy and give joy every moment of my life. Thank you, Mr. Dash this will be a positive affirmation in my life and I know my life will be very joyous as I put the words into action.

    ReplyDelete