A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, December 14, 2009

Swiss, Italian, Hungarian, Mexican, Pan Asian, Lebanese, Mongolian, Amritsari, Gujarati, South Indian, Indorean - What Outer Fruits Would You Like?


A couple of weeks back, I received an e-mail from the Chairman's Secretariat that our Chairman has got an invitation for a wedding at Indore and that I may send a bouquet on his behalf on the occasion.

Had I not undergone the Citizenship Orientation Programme, I would have asked my next Officer to procure a bouquet and go and deliver it at the wedding reception.

Having undergone the programme, I realized the difference between routine duty and positive contribution and also internalized that routine duty is not enough, we have to go a step ahead. So, this is what I did:

1. I searched for the Gentleman's name on the web as I felt the Chairman would be sending bouquet to some important personality of the town. And yes, he was there!
2. I went to the best florist in town, selected the choicest flowers and got a beautiful bouquet ready.
3. I got dressed up in my best suit and left for the wedding reception early.
4. It was a grand reception. I tried to locate the Gentleman mentioned in the mail. It was his nephew's wedding. I waited patiently to find some moments with him.
5. I proudly told him that Mr O P Bhatt, Chairman, State Bank of India has specifically asked me to convey his best wishes to him and the newly wedded couple. He was happy and narrated a few anecdotes about his meetings with our Chairman.
6. He then took me to the newly wedded couple and told them that I was representing the Chairman of SBI.
7. He also invited me to the grand dinner.
Do I have to tell Citizens SBI what joy, fulfillment and inner fruits I derived?!

P.S. - By the way, I got so many outer fruits also that evening. There were Mongolian and Mexican dishes on the menu; also Italian, Swiss, Pan Asian, Hungarian, Lebanese, Amritsari, Gujarati, South Indian and last but not the least Indorean! All these to the tune of an enchanting European Music Band!!
- Citizen CoolBisht, Indore

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a night filled with fruits for you, Sir! Literally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this once again for the benefit of all Citizens SBI!!!! I am happy to read it once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulation,
    you are really great,
    talented,Goldmedelist,
    smart,inventor,philospher,
    writer and master facilator.
    best of luck.
    from-- jai prakash pandey

    ReplyDelete