A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, December 5, 2009

CITIZENSHIP STORIES

CITIZENSHIP STORIES
During sharing of citizen moments in the class by the groups, a good number of touching stories have come to my notice. I would like to share some of those stories with the readers of CitizenSBI blog. Here is the first one.

SABU P SIMON
Facilitator
SBLC, Indore


Moments narrated by Shri Ramdas Pordhan:
“I was working as a Guard in a branch at Indore (Bhopal Circle). One day an old man came to the branch for withdrawing his pension. He could not withdraw the money as the pension was not credited to his account. Then he sat on a chair at the branch with deep sorrow which was visible on his face.


"When I asked him about his worry he lifted his dhoti and showed me a boil in his leg which needed immediate medical attention। He told me that, he came to the branch to withdraw some money for his treatment but there was no money in his account। Then I took him to the nearby doctor for consultation and narrated the same to the doctor and I told him that I will pay his fee.



"On this, the doctor expressed his compassion and agreed to treat the patient without any fee. I paid only the cost of medicine which the pensioner returned later. The doctor also told me that, whenever any such patients come to my notice, I should refer them to him and agreed to provide free treatment. I got lot of happiness in helping the old pensioner. I have many such moments in my life."

1 comment:

  1. very nice saboo. thanks for sharing the Citizen Moments!!!

    ReplyDelete