A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Citizen Conviction

I'd like to share a small incident.

Today, the 2nd of Dec being a wednesday, there was no Citizen programme. After having my lunch at 2 p.m. I came down to the dining hall at 3 p.m. feeling a bit sleepy and desparately wanting a cup of tea. However the canteen guys were not yet finished with the cleaning and were in no position to provide any tea as of then.

So quietly I walked towards the gate of the SBLC and told the watchman on duty of my predicament. He then asked me to wait for a few minutes and there he was back with a big glass of tea from the tea stall about 100 metres away from the SBLC. Then out of nowhere he took out two small plastic glasses and poured the tea into the two glasses, one of which he gave me and the other he took for himself. Then he brought out the only chair from the watchmans' room and made me sit on it while he parked himself comfortably on a stool nearby. And so we had the tea together with our dicussion ranging from topics about his family, his village, his salary and the deductions and so on and so forth.

Well this is equality and the being aspect in play I thought. Of course, such sharing with the subordinate staff is not uncommon in our bank but to do it in front of the public right in front of the SBLC gate and especially with the perennial risk of a DGM or a GM or maybe a CGM suddenly landing up requires a certain amount of confidence. And this confidence in me has definitely come from this Citizen SBI project.

Well, that is conviction I should think. I am now waiting for the day when I'll be feeling sleepy again...


P.S.Sarma
Facilitator
SBLC Guwahati

courtesy: intervention 1 facilitators google group

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Partha,
    very delightful thought. It shows that you are more involved in the programme and the Citizienship ideal and trying to practice and feel it in your each and every action. KUDOS TO CITIZEN SBI!!!!

    ReplyDelete