A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, December 12, 2009

MOMENTS OF INNER FULLNESS

It is the Moments of Inner Fullness shared by one participant during the Citizen SBI Programme on 10.12.2009.

ENJOYING RESPONSIBILITY

I would like to inform you an incident which was heart touching. At that time, I was working in Guwahati Airport Branch. One fine morning, I came to office and was very much busy due to huge rush till 4.30 p.m. I was working in establishment section. While I came out for having some snacks, I saw an approximately 75years old illiterate pensioner lady who was sitting in a corner with gloomy face. She was sick due to old age. I enquired what was the problem with her. She told me that she came to the Bank in the morning at about 10.30 a.m. for withdrawal of cash. She is in urgent need of money. Some staff from the Bank told her to wait till she was called. While I met her that time, the cash counter had already been closed. She requested me to pay some money from the Bank as she was hungry and sick. Moreover, right now she has no money to go back to her home which is far away from Bank by paying bus fare. I told her not to worry and I will arrange to manage some money.

I approached the Branch Manager and requested him to reopen cash counter to pay the amount to the poor lady and expalined to him the incident. The Branch Manager accordingly agreed and reopened the cash counter and paid cash to that old lady. While handing over the money to the lady, she caught my hand and looked at me.Tears rolled from her eyes and fell on my hand. She kept her one hand on my head and other hand on my shouler and told that today you are only GOD for me from whom I got the money and proper help. Finally, she blessed me a lot for long life and requested me to visit her house. Some days later she with her son came to the branch and again requested me to visit her house.

I was really the happiese man on that day as I was able to help a needy person in such a critical juncture.

Abdul Hamid
West Guwahati Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment