A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MOMENTS OF INNER FULLNESS

It is the Moments of Inner Fullness shared by the participants during
the Citizen SBI Programme on 14.12.2009.

1. During my tenure in the Advances section of my branch, I was dealing with Express Credit Loans. A person came to me for loan as his daughter was seriously ill. She was to be operated. So, I assured him that I will try to give him the loan before his daughter’s operation. But, due to some problem, his loan could not be sanctioned even the day before his daughter was to get operated. So, I talked to my Branch Manager, but he told me that the loan cannot be sanctioned without proper papers.

So, I thought a way out. That day I sanctioned a loan to a person well known to me. I asked him if he could lend some money to the person on my responsibility. Since, he didn’t have any urgency for the money, he accepted my request. I made both the persons to talk and the person whose daughter was not well, finally got the money and got his daughter operated. The next day, when the person’s loan was sanctioned, I paid the other person. In this way, I was able to solve the problem, without breaking any banking rules.

After helping the person, I got the inner happiness, in my short life as a Banker.

BIKRAM BARUAH
P.O. - 2009 BATCH
SMECCC, GUWAHATI



2. One elderly lady visited our Branch last Friday, with two bags. In her bag, lots of STDR receipts, Savings Bank account pass book and ATM cards were there. I made here to sit, offered tea and started to do her work one by one.
 I segregated her STDRs and stamped our seal. I listed out the account numbers of the remaining STDRs which were not transferred to our Branch.
 Secondly, I went with her to ATM, showed her how to use the ATM.
 She told me to get a rickshaw for her and I told my driver to drop her.
 Next day, she lost her bag where all the STDRs and ATM card were kept. She became restless. She started calling every half an hour. At last, I decided to visit her personally, She was very pleased because I consoled her and told her not to worry. I will do all the needful. She was satisfied.
 Next day on Sunday, she called and told me that she her bag and she was very happy and bless me like her daughter. She again called me to visit her place to get a cheque from her. She wants to give me all her money for our Branch. A very beautiful relationship was built between us.

Ms. Meenu Kumari
Zoo Road, Guwahati Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment