A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, December 4, 2009

Citizen-SBI has put me on the path where I can experience life and its blessings

It was a revelation to me when I went through the two days programme on Citizen SBI. I discovered why I was where I am now--- it was my entire attitude towards my life! I had in fact always taken life very lightly—my decisions were sudden and abrupt—never backed by serious thinking. On the spur of the moment I would act and many times it was only my emotions that guided me in my life. I was never bothered about the repercussions of my actions on my life.

I lost heavily in life, nearly all my material possessions were gone, taken away by near ones with whom I was blindly bound through marital relations and my internal strength that I had accumulated through a long life of spirituality and dedication also suffered drastically and I felt like a corpse. I was not even available to my dear ones, especially my little kids.

SBI has proved to be the greatest support to me during my darkest days and weakest hours and I will remain forever indebted to this great institution.

Self development courses did help me to come out of my trauma and start life afresh, but my learning’s were still incomplete. I did accept the fact of my life, but wondered why it happened to me. I continued to look at life emotionally, unable to think rationally. It was as if the fever was gone but its virus remained in my blood, but at the moment it was dormant. The horror was that any moment the virus may become active and I will repeat history in my life. Naturally, I am not prepared for it, nor can I expose my kids to the trauma.

I was always bothered with the question why me? My search for a satisfying answer concluded with the lessons I gathered from Citizen SBI and the blame game also ended. I decided to put the tools I learnt during the programme to practice and now I am confident of leading myself on the correct path towards greater fulfillment, devoid of any guilt. I not only feel secured of myself but I know I am providing a better life to the young ones who are totally dependent on me for survival and growth as good citizens.

I am grateful to my SBI and for having provided great self awareness through the programme Citizen SBI. It has put me on the path of growth where I can experience life and its blessings.


- A Citizen-SBI

(This contribution has been received through e-mail and the Citizen Contributor has requested us not to publish it under the real name - Moderator)

4 comments:

  1. a very emotional and touching feedback about the programme, sir. It can be sent to the Chairman's feedback desk too. My humble salutations to this great Citizen who has shared this feelings about this programme and still likes not to mention his name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall surely send it to Chairman's feedback desk, Mr Natarajan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching. Kudos to the Citizen who wrote these words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to attend this programme in my second day tomorrow.as i learnt so many things out of it..so many positive idea come out of it, it's really wonderful.. it's a lifelong lesson for me..

    ReplyDelete