A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Sunday, December 13, 2009

CITIZENSHIP STORIES

During sharing of citizen moments in the class by the groups, a good number of touching stories have come to my notice। I would like to share some of those stories with the readers of CitizenSBI blog। Here is one such moment.
SABU P SIMON Facilitator SBLC, Indore



Narrated by KAILASH NATH GUPTA: DEWAS BRANCH.

This incident occurred, 16 years back, when I was posted as Field Officer at Chhindwara branch. One day evening, around 4.00pm, a lady aged nearly 21 years with a boy 1 ½ years with her came to our BM’s residence ( on the Ist floor of the branch building) and asked the BM’s spouse about her son whom she met on her journey from Jabalpur to Chhindwara. As BM’s spouse could not understand what the woman was narrating, the matter was reported to the branch.

At that time there were about 70 staff at the branch, about 15 to 20 staff members rushed to the BM’s residence including some 4-5 ladies staff and started asking many questions as if she came there for cheating them.

She narrated her story “that she was from a reputed family and had an inter caste marriage with a boy from Jabalpur who is a government servant. As the marriage was not acceptable to her parents, she was sent out from her house. But after a few years her brother met her and asked her to come to his home at Chhindwara. She was quite happy on her brother’s invitation and immediately left for Chhindwara. On her way to Chhindwara, a young man met her in the train who introduced himself as the son of the Branch manager of SBI Chhindwara branch, and told her that if she needed any help at Chhinndwara, she may feel free to contact him.

When she reached Chhindwara, she found that her brother’s house was locked and she thought about the young man whom she met on the way and went to BM’s house for help.

But at the BM’s residence she could not find any young man and the staff members were surrounded her asking many question. No body was bothered about the child or the lady and no body offered even a glass of water to the child. The girl was terrified.

Someone informed about the incident. I went to the BM’s residence. When I heard that she is from my home town, I asked her what her problem was. She told me the entire story. I asked her whether she ready to stay with my family and she readily accepted and I sent her to my home. Later my wife told me that the child was so thirsty and hungry that he virtually ate one packet of biscuit. She stayed with us and the next day I sent her to Jabalpur .

Later her husband met me and thanked me for the kindness I showed to his family. Later they invited me to their house and to their church and the Father of the church appreciated me for the kind act in front of the church members. The relationship is still continuing and that small boy has now become a young man and all the family members are maintaining the bank account with SBI.

1 comment:

  1. great moment to cherish, Mr Kaliash Nath. please continue your good work of helping others in need. All the very best!!!!

    ReplyDelete