A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, December 11, 2009

CITIZENSHIP STORIES

During sharing of citizen moments in the class by the groups, a good number of touching stories have come to my notice. I would like to share some of those stories with the readers of CitizenSBI blog. Here is one such moment.

SABU P SIMON
Facilitator, SBLC, Indore



Citizen moments shared by Shri GANGRADE, RBO, Indore:

“I was working as Branch Manager at Chirapatla branch in Region-IV, Bhopal Module at Bhopal circle. One day after business hours one of our customer’s son came to me and told that, his father had a paralytic attack and required to withdraw Rs. 50000/- for his immediate medical requirement. He also told that, his father is admitted at local Primary health center and required to shift him to Nagpur and he is unable to put his signature and in an unconscious state. There was about Rs. 1,25,000.00 in that customers account.



I went to the primary health center to meet the customer. But he was unconscious. I discussed the matter with the attending doctor and his family members. Finally I got his thumb impression in the withdrawal form in the presence of the doctor, family members and took an undertaking from the family members for repayment of the amount in case of any future dispute. I have obtained a certificate and attestation from the doctor also. Finally I made the payment to his son immediately.



After 1 and ½ month the above customer came to the branch walking and touched my feet and expressed his gratitude for saving his life by making payment in time for his treatment. The relationship is still continuing."


citizen moments
From: S Simon/LHO/SBI/SBG Friday, December 11, 2009 03:04PM
To: Jagat Bisht/LHO/SBI/SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment