A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, December 5, 2009

CITIZEN MOMENTS

This is the moments shared by one of the participants in the Citizen SBI Orientation Programme.

Citizen Moments narrated by Ms. Sukla Roy

" When I was working in Dimapur, one evening while returning from Office, I saw a little boy being chased by a group of people shouting "catch him". When I asked why are you chasing him, they told that he has stolen something and was running away. Then, I caught hold of that boy and the group wanted me to hand it over to them so that they can punish him. Instead, I requested them to leave the boy as he is very small. They also agreed and and left the boy with me. When I enquired that boy as to why he had stolen, he told that he has not anything for the past 2 days and that his father is a daily labour and don't have regular income too. I sympathised with the boy and arranged for his food. Then, I asked him, are you interested to earn some livelihood for you and your family members, and he agreed for that.

I took him to a sweet shop owner whom I know and requested him to provide employment to that boy. From that day onwards, he started workiing that shop and is a completely transformed man now. He runs a sweet shop in Dimapur now and well settled. I feel very happy for that day when I helped him and did not admonish like others when he was being chased by a group of people. I feel very happy that I was able to help that little boy to transform into a good human being.

1 comment: