A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Friday, December 11, 2009

My new Journey with my new born.


Last week for me was a complex mix of deep anxiety, sorrow, excitement, dejection, joy and many more feelings. But you are mistaken if you have guessed that there were auditors sitting in front of me pointing out every nitty-gritty of the proposals I may have handled. The fact was that I was away from the hectic schedule of Bank handling proposals or preparing irregularity or scratching my head how to handle a particular account which is showing signs of NPA etc. It was cold morning of 30th November 2009 I was putting myself on second floor of a hospital before the operation theater sitting on a cold blue bench shared by my mummy and young brother, the night before I could not sleep as doctor suggested me to wait and then she will take a call whether to have a normal delivery or cesarean delivery whole night I was worried and one line of sonography report “Cord found around the neck” came to haunt me and kept me awake it was in the morning doctor decided to operate, sitting on the chair all good-bad thoughts came to my mind and I asked for help from every deity/ god/ form of god from east and west. People in the hospital had their days as usual sweeper busy sweeping the floor, nurse busy taking care of patients some smiled as if consoling me others were indifferent, caretakers of patients busy bringing in Tea etc every one eased but for me it was opposite. The doctor came out with her soft voice said “Congratulation you have a baby boy, your wife is fine” believe me or not for me she was more than an angel and most adorable person on this planet earth my heart was put to relief.

Now after a week when most of things have settled down for good my heart takes me to those moments of complex mix of feelings one thing is for sure being part of SBI family I always felt strong and was firm that in this new city were I am a little more than one year old I am not alone and have a big SBI family to support me. I just cannot conclude this piece of writing without affirming once again my gratitude for the comfort that was brought to us (Sweta and me) by the organization, people like Jagat Singh Bisht Sir , Hemant Karaulia Sir to name few who make this organization vibrant, brought us solace in our days of suffering and our strong desire to make known our thanks to everyone. The organization culture and programme like SBI CITIZEN bring a lot of connect in our personal life directly relevant at times when we are put to pressure. Thank you State Bank, I along with Sweta and the new born are its proud citizen.


Raghvendra & Sweta ( SBI- Bhopal )
09770488460



3 comments:

  1. Raghvendra and Sweta,
    As discussed, please plan and draw-up all your contribution spaces as Citizen Parents and give the child the best possible upbringing to enable him to become a true Citizen!
    All the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS HAPPY MOMENTS WITH US. THIS IS THE POWER OF STATE BANK OF INDIA THAT UNITES PEOPLE ACROSS DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHICAL TERRAINS. YET WE ALL FEEL THAT WE ARE CITIZEN SBI. WELCOME TO THE YOUNG CITIZEN TO THIS WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, hearty congratulations to Raghvendra and Sweta for their little bundle of joy. There sure is a silver lining to all the difficulties that we undergo as you have just experienced. Looks like our programme has given birth to a citizen family.

    Vasudha.

    ReplyDelete